Accounts from the Front, 1917 is an exhibition of letters and memoirs written in 1917 by members of the Albert Park and South Melbourne Rowing Clubs who enlisted during World War One. The exhibition explores who these members were, what they experienced and how their absence affected the club.
The exhibition will be open at the following times:
- Thursday 20 April, 7pm for opening night
- Tuesday 25 April, ANZAC Day, 12.30pm-2.30pm for a curator's tour
- Saturday 29 April, 9am-1pm (along with the Albert Park Lake Masters Regatta) for a curator's tour and door prizes
- Thursday 4 May, 7pm-8.30pm for a curator's tour
- Other times by appointment
Descendants of our enlistees are welcome to attend opening night for a special viewing, but should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos of the exhibition can be found on our Photos page.
For further information about our enlistees, please visit our Honour Rolls page.
For further information about our opening times, please visit our Events page.
This project has been supported by the City of Port Phillip through the Cultural Development Fund, the Victorian Government and the Victorian Veterans Council
If you would like to provide us with some feedback about this exhibition, please click here.
Back to History and Heritage